MUD & SILT CONDITIONER is a concentrated liquid solution formulated with special surfactants and a corrosion inhibitors in order to fight formations and disperse accumulations of mud and silt in ballast water tanks. Actually, MUD & SILT CONDITIONER reacts with mud and silts, and forms large non–adhering particles, which are dissolved in the tank and then discharged with the ballast water during de–ballasting.
APPLICATION, FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Ideal for the removal, dispersion and prevention of heavy mud, loose scale, rust deposits, silt accumulate and other sediments in ballast water tanks.
- Reacts with mud and silt molecules to form non–adhering particles, which are easily discharged
- Terminates microorganisms harvested in the mud and silt sludge.
- Effectively cleans the ballast water tank lines and pumping equipment
- Prevents extensive erosion from the ballast tank surfaces and cavities.
- Can safely be applied to all metals except those galvanized and those made of tin, zinc and aluminum.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE/ APPLICATION RATES AND DOSAGE RATES
Commonly, a quantity of 25–50 litres of MUD & SILT CONDITIONER per 1,000 tons of ballast water content is recommended. However, when we deal with heavy mud and silt accumulations, 150–250 litres per 1,000 tons of ballast water is recommended for fast and complete cleaning.
In case where regular treatment is desired, the prescribed quantity of MUD & SILT CONDITIONER is added to ballast water, while ballasting use dosage pump, in order to make sure of the homogeneity of the formed mixture. Here, the treatment must be repeated every time when the tanks are ballasted. In case of heavy mud and silt accumulation, ballast the tanks up to 20-30 cm of their height capacity while dosing 150-250 L Mud and Silt Conditioner for each ton of ballast water. Wait 3-5 hours for MUD & SILT CONDITIONER to act with Mud and silt. Later decharge all the water in the ballast tanks. If you did not use dosage pump to dose MUD & SILT CONDITIONER it is recommended to use a high pressure water supply during waiting period to help MUD & SILT CONDITIONER to mix with the ballast water. Depending on mud&silt rate at ballast this procedure may be needed to be repeated a few times.